CEO and founder
I am Mercedes Camps, CEO and founder of Gabinete Técnico Farmacéutico M. Camps, a pharmaceutical technical cabinet since 1991, specialized in legal technical procedures in the national and international health sector.
With an experience of more than 26 years and a client portfolio that exceeds 2,600, we have helped them solve their projects by getting involved with the client to find the best solution to their needs and thus be able to solve 100% of the cases that They pass through our office.
I advise national and international companies in the pharmaceutical, sanitary, cosmetic and food sectors, although I also offer other services more focused on the validation of sanitary facilities, audit tasks and safety reports for companies in the sector. We also participate and supervise training courses.
I have the honor of being a member of the Royal Academy of Pharmacy of Catalonia, former member of Dermocosmética of the College of Pharmacists of Barcelona (COFB) and Associate Professor of the University of Pharmacy of Barcelona (UB).
Medical Technologies in 2021: a sector report from MedTech Europe
The European employers' association MedTech Europe publishes annually the report MedTech Europe's Facts and Figures. This study, which can be consulted publicly on its website, offers some relevant reliable statistical and economic data on digital health and medical technologies. And also, it is a complex investigation that allows you to approach the medical technologies sector from different angles and variables (depending on the product, the manufacturer, the consumer, health technology professionals…).
At Gabinete Técnico Farmacéutico M. Camps we have decided to share some of the most relevant data given by the Medtech Europe's report with our readers.
Did you know that...
- There are more than 500,000 products based on medical technologies. You can find them in hospitals, social services and in your own home.
- The European healthcare technology sector directly employs more than 760,000 people. By comparison, the European pharmaceutical industry employs around 795,000 people.
- Germany is the country with the highest number of people employed in the sector, while the number of medtech employees per capita is higher in Ireland and Switzerland.
- In Europe there are more than 33,000 medical technology companies. The largest number of them are also based in Germany, followed by Italy, the United Kingdom, France and Switzerland.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) make up about 95% of the technology industry, most of which employ fewer than 50 people.
- In the European Union, an average of approximately 11% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) goes to healthcare, a clearly pioneering, fundamental and constantly growing sector.