Did you know..
A notified body is an organisation designated by an EU country to assess the conformity of certain products before being placed on the market. These bodies carry out tasks related to conformity assessment procedures set out in the applicable legislation when a third party is required. The European Commission publishes a list of such notified bodies. When an EU country informs the Commission and the other EU countries that a body has been designated to carry out conformity assessment according to legislation it’s called notification. The notifying EU country is responsible for their withdrawal and notification of notified bodies. Several documents related to the designation of notified bodies under the new regulations were adopted by the medical devices coordination group.
As a consulting firm, specialized in technical and legal procedures for Cosmetics, the Biosanitary and Medical devices industry, we have many services to offer to your project
As a consulting firm, specialized in technical and legal procedures for the Biosanitary and Medical Devices industry, M Camps GTF offer you technical services por Span and e EU territory.
Assessment and preparation of the required documentation to obtain the Parapharmacy National Codes, for further presentation to the General Council of Official Colleges of Pharmacists
Medical Technologies in 2021: a sector report from MedTech Europe
The European employers' association MedTech Europe publishes annually the report MedTech Europe's Facts and Figures. This study, which can be consulted publicly on its website, offers some relevant reliable statistical and economic data on digital health and medical technologies. And also, it is a complex investigation that allows you to approach the medical technologies sector from different angles and variables (depending on the product, the manufacturer, the consumer, health technology professionals…).
At Gabinete Técnico Farmacéutico M. Camps we have decided to share some of the most relevant data given by the Medtech Europe's report with our readers.
Did you know that...
- There are more than 500,000 products based on medical technologies. You can find them in hospitals, social services and in your own home.
- The European healthcare technology sector directly employs more than 760,000 people. By comparison, the European pharmaceutical industry employs around 795,000 people.
- Germany is the country with the highest number of people employed in the sector, while the number of medtech employees per capita is higher in Ireland and Switzerland.
- In Europe there are more than 33,000 medical technology companies. The largest number of them are also based in Germany, followed by Italy, the United Kingdom, France and Switzerland.
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) make up about 95% of the technology industry, most of which employ fewer than 50 people.
- In the European Union, an average of approximately 11% of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) goes to healthcare, a clearly pioneering, fundamental and constantly growing sector.